Friday, May 21, 2010

Strawberry Goodness!



Strawberry season is just about over here, and I am hoping to get one more flat of my favorite berries before the fields close. If you're anything like me, you always pick more than you can eat, so here is a super simple and super delicious recipe for preserves. [And as I type this...Belle's face is pretty much covered in these very preserves...she's a big fan!]

Easy Strawberry Preserves
3 qts. berries, hulled and sliced (though I never actually hull them and they always turn out fine)
3/4 cup sugar
2 T. lemon juice

Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Cook over medium high heat until boiling, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occassionally, for 45 minutes or until thickened.

The preserves will last 1 month in the refrigerator.

Enjoy...and you if make any, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment