Thursday, February 17, 2011

Buried Alive!

To my loving family...just in case I can't be found by week's end, look under the pile of Works in Progress on the "sewing" table.

I'm afraid to admit that I am in a little over my head on the random projects that I have managed to start in the last few weeks. The MASSIVE flannel quilt for the cabin that we haven't yet built, the Princess and the Pea playset that was intended to be Belle's Valentine's Day gift, a top-secret super-fab quilt pattern that I've been designing, a totally random interlocking circles piece of embroidery...and that's just the beginning of the list!

I'm really not sure where my mind has gone, but did I seriously believe that any of these projects stood a chance of being completed? I didn't mention the MANY, MANY orders that I am currently committed to completing. OR the NEW business that I have started (more on that later, I'm sure).

I've gone completely batty!

So what did I do today??? I read the last 200 pages of this book, like it would burst into flames at the stroke of midnight if I didn't find out how it ended. Don't you just love when a book grabs you by the hair, pulls you in, and won't let you go until it has had its say?


The book is part mystery, part romance, part super-natural (not my usual cup of tea), part history, and every bit dramatic and engaging. I found this great little independent book store last time I traveled with my husband for his work and spent the better part of an afternoon previewing books and sipping coffee, before settling on this. It was a great choice for passing a long, quiet afternoon alone...not such a great choice for encouraging productivity once I returned home!
And since I am seriously unmotivated to take pictures of UNFINISHED projects right now, that's pretty much all I can offer for tonight. Maybe, just maybe, something will be finished in the near future and I will love it enough to take it's picture...

1 comment:

  1. I've read Mosse's Labyrinth and really enjoyed it. I've another of hers (possibly this one?) sitting on a shelf waiting for me. I'm still getting over a book buying addiction. (:

    ReplyDelete