Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Little Something Cozy

A little birdie told me that it is supposed to be cold and rainy in the southeast this weekend. And that's music to my ears. There is nothing like a morning mist and nip in the air to get the blood flowing...and nothing like a warm sweater and a pair of comfy boots to warm the soul!

A while back I fell in love with this ball of alpaca from SpinUp Yarns. Ever since our visit to the Alpacas of Niagra farm last winter, I've had a bit of a soft spot for alpaca yarn. And gray is my go-to color in the colder months. I marked it as a favorite and proceeded to "visit" it every single day for weeks, sometimes several times a day. And finally, in a moment of weakness, I clicked, "Commit to Buy." And then the waiting began.

When the package finally arrived, I tore into and fell in love all over again. I cannot possibly describe how soft and squishy this hank of alpaca yumminess felt.



And since it was probably not acceptable to carry it around everywhere with me like a grown-up lovey, I began knitting immediately. I actually knit and reknit the same 20 or so rows 5 times, just so I could extend the experience a bit. The finished product is absolutely divine...truly! Maybe one of these days I can get someone to snap a pic while I'm snuggled in the cuddly depths of my new favorite accessory...


Because sometimes, you need a little something cozy to brighten your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment