Sunday, February 10, 2013

More Hearts and some FMQ

In any other world, this would be a Valentine's decoration...not in Belle's world! Red, pink, purple, hearts, flowers...yep, that's an everyday kind of display:)
 

This is my favorite little detail. There's another little 4 patch heart hiding above the embroidery too. It was a fun little mystery for Belle to find the hiding hearts.
 


I can't believe I am even showing you this picture...this was my very first attempt at free motion quilting...yep, I'm a chicken:) I practiced a few swirls on a test sandwich...just enough to know that I wouldn't be stippling any time soon...the let her rip. There are some definite problem areas, but all in all, not too shabby. Fast is definitely better with FMQ...and that suits me just fine:)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment